WE CARE COMMITTEE
Manon Janssen – Chair
We Care Rotary Bear
WHAT WE DO
The We Care Committee is dedicated to supporting all PAUR members on behalf of the club. Our goals include:
- Celebrating members’ achievements
- Reaching out when a member may need a helping hand or a shoulder to lean on
- Providing celebration and sympathy as circumstances may warrant including:
- Delivering flowers, plants, stuffed We Care Bears
- Sending notes and emails in celebration, sympathy, or to offer moral support
- Coordinating memorial gifts when a family member has passed away
- Letting members know we value their membership and we are thinking of them
- Driving members to rehab appointments
- Providing home-cooked meals
- Reaching out by phone or email to members whom we haven’t seen in awhile or who have taken a leave of absence from the club
- Running errands like getting groceries
Who Benefits: We view ourselves as an integral part of member retention and engagement. Every PAUR member is important. Our members in need benefit from the caring of their fellow Rotarians, as does the entire membership. No one should feel overlooked or left behind.
We view ourselves as an integral part of member retention and engagement. Every PAUR member is important. Our members in need benefit from the caring of their fellow Rotarians, as does the entire membership. No one should feel overlooked or left behind.
WHY IS THERE A NEED
Always, but especially now that many of us are isolated and perhaps stressed as we confront a global coronavirus pandemic, human caring is vitally necessary and much welcomed and appreciated. PAUR is a community and a family.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED
The We Care Committee meets once a month following our regular PAUR member meetings. We welcome all PAUR members to join us then, sit in on a meeting or two, and join us if this Rotary activity appeals to them.
Supporting others is gratifying and a salve for the soul, especially in these challenging times. This is your We Care Committee.